Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

My Forever Valentine

This most recent February 14th my husband and I celebrated our first married Valentine's Day. It was actually, the second one we've spent together ever since our relationship was mainly long distance. I'm not a huge supporter of this so called holiday, I believe you should treat your significant other with love and respect all the time. You shouldn't need an excuse to do something nice for one another. On the other hand, it is a nice excuse to get dressed up and go for a nice dinner.

Adam woke up me with a sweet little breakfast in bed. We both start our day around 8 a.m, he needs to get to work and I need to get in to the studio. It ended up being a slow day, not many people were around in the studio so I asked Adam to pick me up around noon and I spent the day at the office with him trying to get ready for my up and coming assessment.

Once we got home I began getting ready by taking a shower and picking out a simple red dress. I took extra time with doing my makeup, I wanted to look perfect. I normally don't wear makeup on a day to day basis, so it takes me some time when I do. I did a simple eyeliner and a nice red lipstick. I kept my hair natural and wavy. To dress up my simple dress I wore a big necklace and a rose gold watch. I didn't bother with earrings, I have so much hair so they are usually never seen anyway.

Adam and I enjoyed a fun lobster dinner at a place called Steak and Lobster. I have never actually had to crack the shells open, and neither had he, so that was an experience. The food was great but of course the company was greater.

It was really nice to have a relaxed night with the one I care about. We easily get caught up in our own lives and forget to take care of our hearts. Even though we see each other all the time, and have been together for just under three and a half years; we never run out of things to say. Sure, plenty of stories are repeated, but that's the fun of it. It was a night full of laughter and happiness.




Dress: New Look, Necklace: H&M, Watch: Fossil, Lipstick: Red Carpet by Bobbi Brown
-M


2 comments: