Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

In my neck of the woods we have sushi

We just celebrated the end of Ramadan with the holiday Eid. Ramadan is a month of fasting that Muslims observe, we do not eat or drink from sunrise till sundown. Everyday my family and I would go to the mosque, and sometimes you just need a break from food there. We all decided to head to Burr Ridge and try out Wok 'N Fire. My brother and I were really craving some sushi.



Very yummy house made ginger ale.

T did not take picture taking seriously.



The sushi here is really good. My fiancee and I have become sushi fiends this past year and have learned lots about it. This is definitely some very well made sushi. We were all so hungry and excited to eat that I completely forgot to take a picture before we tuck in.

We also ordered two noodle dishes to try. One was a salmon dish and the other was a steak pad thai dish. These were also very good. Luckily I remembered to snap a picture before we devoured it.

It was a great night out with the family. Unfortunately our dad could not make it since he has a lot of commitment with the mosque, so it's nearly impossible for him to miss a day during Ramadan. I would definitely recommend visiting Wok 'N Fire. Their food is great and the atmosphere is interesting. Upon entering you are faced with a huge Buddha statue and lots of coloured lights. My nephew was very amused and interested by the colour changing of the lights. The service was great as well. It was nice to have a break from the mosque and have a nice meal with the family. It was also a late birthday celebration for my brother in law, Tasneem's husband. 

~M


No comments:

Post a Comment