But, I had bananas I had been saving for my cake. They were perfect mushy brownness. Then I remembered I recently bought chia seeds and mango, and Maria reminded me that quick things are always best during Ramadan. So an idea was born. This makes a delightfully thick shake that fills you up and makes sure you get all sorts of good nutrients. I suppose you could thin it out by adding more milk but we like spoonable shakes around here.
|Toss it all into the blender|
Mango Banana Smoothie (makes 1 jug: 5-6 glasses)
1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 medium ripe bananas
1 tbsp elderflower syrup
1/2 cup milk
1. Toss all the ingredients into a blender.
2. Pulse for a minute and then shake the canister so the liquid settles on the bottom
3. Blend for 3-5 minutes until the mango chunks disappear
5. optional: add sugar to taste (we thought it was sweet enough on its own)
4. Let sit for about 30 mins so the chia seeds have a chance to soak up some of the liquid to really thicken the shake
|My baby is a fan of this smoothie|